Office of International Relations
Reporting to the Office of Global Centers in New York, the Director is responsible for leading the Columbia Global Center for Europe, located in Paris.
- Establish a vibrant academic Center in Europe and link that Center's programs to Columbia University's network of global centers around the world.
- Strategically communicate to Columbia faculty and administrators the activities and services offered by the Center and effectively build teaching and research programs that advance the core mission of the University.
- Work closely with academic colleagues and institutions across Europe, and reach out to Europe's policy and business communities.
- Maintain and enforce the Center's identity standards including editorial and visual guidelines.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Global Centers to set policies, assist with strategic planning.
- Work closely with the Director of Administration in New York to ensure Center compliance with all the financial, legal, tax policies and rules.
- Work on fundraising in close collaboration with the Office of Alumni and Development.
- Manage the strategic direction of the Center's website.
- Is responsible for the financial management of the Center.
- Supervise administrative and program staff.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Seven years' related experience required.
Prior experience living and/or working in Europe. Fluency in English, and at least one other major European language. Five years experience at a senior level in academic administration, program development and financial management, preferably in Europe. Proven entrepreneurial talents and achievement in an institution-building setting. Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner. Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy working with a wide variety of personalities. Must be a team player and innovative self-starter. Willing to accept multiple year commitment in Paris, France.
For a full job announcement and to apply, please visit our web site: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=117757
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.