The China-US Center on Medical Professionalism will fund 4-5 research projects by Chinese academics in 2010. This year we are making a commitment to the intersection of administration, business and medicine in China, and are soliciting applications for projects in the following areas of interest:
- Conflict of interest in research and clinical practice.
- How medical professionalism can contribute to health policy.
- The impact of payment models and physician salaries on medical professionalism.
- Approaches and solutions to medical error: how to study error and foster trust amongst administrators and physicians.
- The role of professional medical associations in promoting medical professionalism.
- The role of hospitals in promoting medical professionalism.
The amounts awarded will range from 65,000RMB to 100,000RMB annually. The project period could be 1 or 2 years. For more information on the Center and application details, visit http://www.imapny.org/home/
china_application. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on June 20th, 2010. PLEASE NOTE: grants will only be given to academics based in China.